Santa stop here

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two in One Fun

Today is May 28, 2011 and I have not posted a thing since Easter Sunday. Shame on me. Today was busy but in a most fun way. My friend Angie texted me earlier this week that a couple of our friends were coming in town for the weekend and asked if my schedule would permit me to join them for brunch, dinner, drinks, or whatever else they were getting into. My work days this week were Sunday, Monday, Friday, so I texted her back that I was not working on Saturday. I got my hopes all up just thinking of a "girls day out." I honestly cannot remember the last time I've been out with just the girls. In all honesty, it was probably when we went to Cancun for Chermain's 40th birthday a couple few years back. Then, I got home and remembered that Saturday would be Alisa's dance recital beginning with a dress rehearsal from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. then a return by 5:30 for the show from  6:30 to 9:00 p.m. I figured Sunday was out of the question, too, since I've worked every Sunday since I started working back in February. I told Angie to keep me posted on whatever plans were brewing but I let her know that my chances of participation were getting slimmer by the minute...
(L) Gina, Angie, Melissa; (R)  Sandi, Chermain & me

The next generation of besties!
Well, as it turns out I got to meet "the girls" for Mexican food (they chose a restaurant near my house and all came my way) between the dress rehearsal and the recital. I didn't know the "mini-me's" were included or I would have brought Alisa. Then, I enjoyed an evening of tap, jazz, ballet and contemporary dance at the recital...Alisa had already changed out of her costume after her last performance, but we took a couple of pics anyway.
Here are Alisa's faithful subjects: Aunt Shannon, Leyla, Aaron, Xavier and Tia. Her dad and I were in attendance as well. I was behind the camera. Don't know where the hubs ducked off to. Below are Alisa and her brother and cousins again. She did a great job in both of her numbers. I'll have to try to post a couple of her costume pics on here at some point. For now, I must turn in. Tomorrow is my first Sunday off since I began working back in February, and I need to be well rested so I don't fall asleep during mass. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! So very busy! GREAT pictures! I just love dance recitals but man they can take up a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love the fact that your girlfriends came to a restaurant by you to make sure you could join in the fun! I'm so glad you had a chance to see them and enjoy the dance recital. Plus, it sounds like you had a chance to rest a little on Sunday too. What a perfect weekend before trudging back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eastlyn you look so happy in that photo! So great to see a picture of you enjoying yourself with your girlfriends. I hope you summer is off to a good start and that y'all ain't meltin' over there! :)

    ReplyDelete