Santa stop here

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Molasses Sugar Cookies

Hello blogosphere friends and thanks for stopping by!

Okay, it's officially December 1, 2014...a new day so it doesn't appear that I have typed up three posts in the same day after not posting a darn thing in over a year. I found the recipe from our first cookie exchange back in 2011. They are "molasses sugar cookies" and if you like soft, chewy sugar cookies coupled with the spice of a ginger snap then you'll love this cookie! It comes from an old Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies and Bars magazine I often drag out this time of year. One year I spruced these up with a cinnamon red hot smashed right into the center of the cookie just before baking but they taste and look just fine following the recipe as written. So this is a snapshot of the picture as it appeared in the magazine, but mine turned out just as pretty...Honest!


Molasses Sugar Cookies

Yields: 4 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger and ground cloves
*additional sugar

In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil and molasses. Add egg , mix well. In a separate bowel combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves. Add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until easy to handle.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls (I love my small cookie scoop for this part); roll in additional sugar. Place 3 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Enjoy!

Until next time...
Eastlyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eastlyn, Thank you so much for your comment! I miss you! I hope you and the family are doing well. As you can see, I still post on my blog but not nearly as much as I used to... Life certainly goes by fast. I hope you had a wonderful year. Are you still working as a nurse? Please feel free to drop me a line anytime! Happy holidays to you and all. (Those cookies look delicious!)

    ReplyDelete