Friday, September 17, 2010
I am Thankful, cont...(and 5QF)
(4) I am thankful for all of the support and encouragement I receive each and every day from all of my friends in this incredible network of bloggers. I am truly amazed at how God puts just the right people in your life at just the right time so we can learn from one another and uplift one another. I just love that!
(3) I am thankful that my bills are almost caught up. Okay, so maybe they're still not quite where I'd like them to be, but at least I'm not as far behind as I was this time last month!
(2)I am thankful for my hard-working husband who puts in lots and lots of hours and still has to listen to me complain that we need more, more, more.
(1) I am thankful for prayers answered (namely the job offer that I didn't want to expound upon yesterday in the event that any family members read that post. It was Cian's day, and I didn't want the discussion to be about me and my new job). I've told my Hubby and kids, but haven't even shared the good news with the rest of my family yet...I'm about to go do that now!
In the meantime...you all can kick back and enjoy my Five Question Friday answers. If you'd like to participate, hop on over to Mama M's blog "My Little Life" and copy and past the questions then link your blog to hers. This is a lot of fun, and your readers get to find out the little things about you that you might not otherwise think to share.
1. What is the first nightmare you remember?
The first time I remember waking up scared, I thought snakes were crawling across the curtain rod in my bedroom in the middle of the night. I was so convincing in my hallucination that my sister and I were sitting up in bed clinging to each other and screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night. It must have scared the daylights out of our parents. (A little food for thought, here: Ever stop and wonder why we use the sayings we use? Why in the world would daylight be lurking inside my parents in the middle of the night; and why would my screaming force it out of them? Just wondering out loud.) Looking back I wonder what in the world I ate before going to bed that night?!
2. Even if you're not a sports fan, what's your favorite sport to play/watch?
I probably watch more basketball than anything simply because I have a husband and son who watch them. If I had to choose a sport I like to watch and play, I’d probably have to say baseball because I understand this sport. If the pitcher pitches too high or low, it’s a “ball” and you don’t swing. If he pitches just right and you don’t swing or swing and miss it’s a “steee-rike!” You do your best to hit the ball and run around 3 bases and make it back to home plate-plain and simple. There are no downs, first, second or otherwise, and constantly changing yard lines or 3-point shots vs. 2-point shots or fouls that get you to the free-throw line or fouls that get you thrown out of the game. I’m pretty much sports illiterate.
3. If you could pull off one piece of trendy fashion, what would you want it to be (jeggings, hats, thigh high boots, etc.)?
Okay, ladies, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I am fashion-challenged (and that may very well be the understatement of the year). My entire closet could be featured on “What NOT to wear-ever.” This, my friends, is why I chose nursing for a career: mix and match scrubs, people (and you thought it was because I’m a caring person)! I have no idea what piece of trendy fashion I would want to pull off. I could probably settle for anything that doesn’t make me look like the schlumpadinka that I am!
4. Did you make good grades in school?
I’m pretty certain I was on the A/B honor roll from kindergarten on-even managed to pull it off in nursing school (even though all of my exam grades were not always A’s or B’s!)
5. What magazines do you subscribe to?
I do not currently subscribe to any magazines. My most recent subscription was All You which I purchased from one of my kids’ band fundraisers in lieu of the overpriced chocolate and gift wrap. When my kids were younger I always subscribed to Family Fun for the awesome craft and kid-friendly recipe ideas. I am a packrat by nature, and until I learn some techniques for “letting go” and getting rid of stuff I do NOT need anything else coming my way that I will be tempted to keep forever and a day (ex: I only recently got rid of an entire stack of Parenting magazines from the late 1990’s when my kids were first born). I do enjoy thumbing through Southern Living, Family Circle and Better Homes and Gardens at the dentist’s office. He even allows me take the older issues (I am partial to the December issues with all of the great holiday baking recipes).
Well, as always, that was fun. Now I'm done. Have a great weekend dear blog buddies in case I don't make it back here until sometime next week! Until then...