Santa stop here

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a Wednesday!

The tune "just another manic Monday" is rolling around in my head...the only thing is it's Wednesday, not Monday.  Although everything went quite smoothly, it was just one of those days when there's never a dull moment.  I'm currently at my mom's house staying with my grandmother while the folks are at Bible Study. The upside is she has already turned in for the night, and I have no dishes to wash or laundry to fold so I have a little time to hop on my blog! Woo hoo!
I have been cooking like is so much easier when you just take the time to sit down and plan out your menu.  My goal is to have a few weeks of meal plans all lined up (or at least have some meals that are simple to throw together) before I start work next week.  I really wanted to post a new recipe for Chicken in Red Wine Sauce I tried on Monday for "Tasty Tuesday"...I took a picture and everything, but I realized today is Wednesday.  Where in the heck did Tuesday go?  Oh yeah, I remember.  Mike and I spent the entire morning washing dishes and putting them away.  Then, we had to deliver my car to the mechanic for brake work and run some errands (this is what always happens when Mike is off days disappear!)
Today was just as much of a whirlwind.  I had to borrow my dad's old truck to shuttle kids back and forth to school while my car is out of commission.  Then I had an appointment to get my hair ears are cold as I type, but whew what a relief that was to finally get it cut! I stopped by the grocery store to see if they had the ground turkey breast that was in last week's ad (so I could use my raincheck while I was thinking about it) to no avail. I then received a call from the mechanic who said my car was ready. Mom was at Bible Study Fellowship and Dad was home with my grandmother, so I had no one to take me to pick up my car.  Instead, I drove the truck home, grabbed my fannypack and walked to the mechanic's shop  (just under 2 miles) to pick up my mom-mobile. I returned home, showered (to rid myself of the hair clippings), grabbed a bite to eat, brushed my teeth and headed to the dentist.
Once done there, I accompanied  my cousin to an appointment for which he needed a family member present.  Once I left the doctor's office, I had 30 minutes before it was time to pick up Alisa from school (she stayed after for percussion lessons), so I stopped by Big Lots! to see if there was anything I absolutely couldn't live without.  Actually, I was told that was a good place to buy lawn & leaf bags.  I spent $2.40 on two loaves of bread and went to pick up Alisa.
By the time I made it home to start dinner, I called to see if I needed to watch Grandmom while the parents went to Bible Study, and now I've come full circle.  I've been home long enough to try the chicken pot pie I made for dinner and tuck my younguns in the bed.  The sound of my husband's snoring is making me sleepy, but alas, I'm supposed to be online in search of a quick and simple muffin recipe for Teacher Snack Day tomorrow *Yawn!* I forgot they bumped it up to tomorrow because Friday is a big field trip and lots of the teachers and students will be off campus.  If I find a good recipe, I promise I'll post it tomorrow!


  1. Wow you made me so tired just reading this!

  2. Good luck with the new job! Seems like we've been waiting for the start date for forever! Good things to come, my friend!

    BTW - I looked inside of Cam's pink cowgirl boots and they are in fact called "Ropers" I thought of you when I saw that!