Santa stop here

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You know you're getting older when...

I've been thinking of this post for some time now, and wanted to do my very own "Top Ten" list.  Alas, I haven't managed to come up with 10 ideas.  So, I'll start with what's been rattling around in my head and let you all help me out.  Feel free to add your own observations in the comments section below!  Meanwhile, you know you're getting old when...
You run into your high school teacher at the grocery store and she mistakes you for your mother!
You spend way more time in the get well and sympathy sections of the card store than the "Congratulations on your wedding/new baby" section.
Some of the people you work with were born AFTER you graduated from high school and they're old enough to be done with college and in the workforce right along with you.
You can totally relate to the Three Little Pigs' retort to the Big Bad Wolf: "Not by the hairs of my chinny-chin-chin..."
One of those hairs on your chinny-chin-chin has the audacity to be GRAY!
Mention of shows you watched growing up (on your non flat screen, black and white TV with foil or a wire coat hanger on the antenna and no cable, digital whatever) draws blank stares from the younger crowd.
You remember when TV dinners came in an aluminum tray and had to be warmed in the real oven for 45 minutes versus the microwave for 5 minutes.
I sure hope this was worth at least a little chuckle.  Let me know how YOU know you're getting older.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. So funny!!! I love it! Yes, I feel "old" all the time because my profession involves teaching 18 year-olds. They all look at me with blank stares when I talk about "I Love Lucy" or "Leave it to Beaver." They don't get any of my 70's or 80's references. Oh, and I love "the spending more time in the sympathy and get-well section of the card store" instead of the "wedding and baby" section. This is all too true! What a fun, but quite factual, list!

    ReplyDelete