Santa stop here

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Burning the midnight oil

It's well after midnight and I'm up just piddling around. I've reconnected with some friends from high school and nursing school on FB. It's fun catching up, but I can see how people spend way too much time on that site. One thing just keeps leading to another. I'm trying to stay up because I've been off the past two nights, but I'm trying to get back on my "night shift" schedule for work tonight. I'm about to lose the battle and turn on in. If I don't I'll find myself doing something like eating ice cream to stay awake and then falling asleep anyway. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. I'd better drink a tall glass of water and just go to bed.
Before I do that though, I'd like to share a recipe with you for Bubble Pizza. It's from the Betty Crocker web site and I made it for dinner last night. It was a quick and simple dish and a nice home-made alternative to frozen pizza or carry out. It's also family friendly and easy for kids of all ages to help make. I wrote a review of the recipe, but I'll fill you in right quick in case you're not one to read reviews. When I made the recipe as it is (which I always try to do the first go-round), the dish was a bit salty for my personal taste. It contains Italian-seasoned frozen meatballs, canned pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese which make it super quick to prepare. However, when I make it again, I will probably make my own meatballs and sauce just to have better control over the sodium content. I'm sorry I don't have a picture to share. I haven't yet figured out how to download my pics from my cell phone and my camera is misplaced amidst all of the clutter around here (alas, the clutter has a life of its own and has begun to consume things! Be afraid, be very afraid...SMH).
I've got to get this clutter under control before I leave for my scrapbook retreat or I won't have pictures to scrap. (That's a bit of a fib. I have plenty of OLD pictures I could affix to pages...) I'll have to just sit and stare into space while everyone else completes pages and albums. Of course, that wouldn't be so bad either : )
If  you can't get to the recipe by clicking on Bubble Pizza, then visit www.bettycrocker.com and type Bubble Pizza in the search box. It will take you right to it. Bon appetit!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment