Santa stop here

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A day for parties

Today started around 7:30 a.m. (Well, my alarm sounded around that time. I'm sure I pressed the snooze a couple of times before my feet actually hit the ground). I was a woman on a mission. Saturdays are usually reserved for laundry, cooking and catching up on dishes...all of which were quite needed this weekend. However, today, we had the added occasions of Aaron's UIL solo contest, Sasha's 5th birthday party and Grandma Rose's 85th birthday (that's my sister's husband's grandmother) party. I had agreed to help the Band Booster Club sell concessions at the solo/ensemble contest, but I don't know why they even asked me because they appeared to have plenty of help. Maybe I was just there during a "slow" spell. I was able to bow out graciously about half an hour before I was supposed to.
After that was over and done with, I called Shannon to see if she needed help with anything since I was on her side of town. She was running around gathering stuff to put the finishing touches on G-ma Rose's decorations, but she was good. PaPa was responsible for getting Xavier to and from his baseball game, and Tia had charge of Leyla, so she was child-free. I called Mom with a newly devised plan of action. Instead of stopping by Sasha's party for a minute or two and then skedaddling all the way across town to get to G-ma Rose's party for a few minutes, I asked if Tia could take Leyla and Alisa to Sasha's party and I would take Grandmom to G-ma Rose's party. That plan worked out quite well. I think both "birthday girls" enjoyed their respective celebrations.
I then stopped by Mom's to exchange Grandmom for Alisa and we headed to Hobby Lobby to get the supplies Alisa needs to complete her "Invention Convention" project.
Even though I spent from 8 a.m. to 10:30 washing dishes & doing laundry there is still so much more to do. I also just remembered that we used our last booklet for C.C.E. class last week. So, this week will have to be whatever I come up with.
Alisa just got out of the shower, so I have her hair to tackle in addition to the mountain of laundry awaiting me on my bed. Since we plan to attend 8:00 mass tomorrow, the hair must be done tonight. Otherwise, I'll have to wake Alisa up at 5:30 a.m. (which means I, too, would have to be up at that hour) to do the hair and she will sleep through mass. (She may sleep thru mass anyway since it's currently 9:30 and past her bedtime.)
I wanted to see SNL tonight with Alec Baldwin hosting, but I'm afraid I will be otherwise occupied (as in doing hair or fast asleep) by 10:30.
When exactly am I supposed to find the time to find a job let alone fit a 40-hour work week into this schedule? I am truly concerned. I'd better get cracking while I still have 2 ounces (or would that be joules?) of energy left. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Okay - I am definitely going to stop complaining about how busy I am. You win! You're busier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I manage to stay so busy and I only have the 2 kids. I cannot imagine that I'm busier than a mother of 4! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blogs. I love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete