Santa stop here

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A day late...

...and a dollar short. That is my usual M.O. So, I'm a week late posting a picture of my mother's day cake, but as the caption reads, "Every day is mother's day in my world!" Aaron has been busy cleaning his room this weekend, so I've fielded a lot of "what do I do with this?" and "when are the Paralyzed Vets coming again?" type questions. Alisa is the one who needs to be doing some major work in her room because she is getting Grandmom's bedroom suit since Grandmom has moved in with my mom and dad. Mom is anxious to get the furntiture out of Grandmom's mobile home so a friend can paint and touch up the place to get it ready to sell. Naturally, we have to find somewhere to put the furniture that is currently in Alisa's room, and that, my friends, is more than a notion! (When are the Paralyzed vets coming again?) I want the twin bed in my office so that I have a sanctuary when Mike's snoring gets out of hand. I have no idea what to do with the huge cherrywood dresser that doesn't really go with anything in Alisa's room now anyway. It matches my bedroom furniture, but we don't have room for it. Mike wants to use it for scrapbook storage or something, but how country is that?! I might as well set it on the front porch with a plaid cloth-covered couch! In order to make room for the twin bed in my office, I need to get my "craft room" (formerly the "workout room" when there were a treadmill, and ab-something or other and a Nordic rider in there) together so I can put the craft shelf from my office out there. Are you getting the picture, here? Friends and family have offered their assistance, but I don't even know where to start or what to ask them to help me do! I wish I could blame all of this on the fact that I've been in school for the past 3 years, but alas, my house was already heading in this direction long before enrolling at TCC (sad but true). I would love to get it all "together" before joining the 40+ hours/week workforce. Everyday, though, I'm more overwhelmed with where to start...For now, I'll add this little poem that hangs on a miniature cutting board type plaque in my kitchen. When my grandmother first gave it to me with her cute little "I saw this and thought about you" chuckle, I admit my feelings were a little hurt (of course, it doesn't hold a candle to the "thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator" magnet she gave Mike). But, true is true, so here goes:
"Apology"
Although you'll find our house a mess
Come in, sit down, converse.
It doesn't always look like this;
Some days it's even worse.
Sorry, this was supposed to be all about Mother's Day stuff...now, where was I. Oh yes, Aaron has been cleaning his room (without even being asked...talk about make a mama proud!) and Alisa has been working diligently on her Invention Convention project this weekend (with much prodding and assistance). I need to run out and get a new ink cartridge tomorrow so she can print out her pages and organize her board and it will be finished just in the nick of time. Here's to mothers everywhere...Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment