"Because a thankful heart is a happy heart
I'm glad for what I have; that's an easy place to start.
For the love that we share 'cause He listens to our prayers,
That's why we say thanks every day!
Now, having said that..."
1. I am thankful for my relationship with God who loves me and cares deeply for me and blesses me abundantly and always has my back.
2. I am thankful for a husband who is easy-going and a lot more laid back than I am, who rarely complains about the state of the house even after he has worked long hours and come home to chaos and/or Hamburger Helper for dinner.
3. I am thankful for my kids who love simplicity almost as much as I do (or at least they're willing to put up with my love of it and show appreciation for what they have instead of whining about what they don't have--for the most part).
4. I am thankful for extended family: for my 92-year-old grandmother and all of her "good years" which are quickly spiraling into dementia-tainted confusion; for my mother who cares for her mother and her own grown children and grandchildren at times; for aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters and cousins who are always willing to pick up/drop off kids on a moments notice and rally together to celebrate everything.
5. I am thankful that I passed the NCLEX on the first try!