Santa stop here

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Guerin girls, Cierra & Sheridan, arrived around 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday. I had already been up for an hour washing dishes (some of the same ones I had left in a tub beside the sink on Friday! Thank heavens I rinse stuff off prior to washing). Alisa got up and put in a movie which they watched while I ran to the grocery store to get bacon & biscuits (thanks to John & Chermain who gave me what cash they had on hand!) for breakfast. We had breakfast, then after a little time had passed Mike sat outdoors keeping an eye on the kids in the pool while I (you probably guessed it) washed more the dishes from breakfast and beyond.
I ordered pizza from CiCi’s for pick up ($4.99 large pepperoni or cheese pizzas everyday!) and cut up lettuce, tomato, carrots, onion & green pepper for salad. I put them in separate bowls so the kids could build their own. I also sliced some more of that delicious watermelon. While the kids were showering and getting dressed (and playing with a captured June bug smuggled indoors in the critter cage), I ran to CiCi’s to pick up lunch.
Somewhere in the 3:00 hour John & Chermain returned to pick up the girls (Cierra had soccer practice that evening). Alisa & I headed out not long thereafter to pick up Barrett from DFW Airport. I missed the 8-30 minute toll fee of $1.00 by about 2 minutes and ended up having to write a check for $2.00! Barrett & I had about $1.35 between the two of us…and that was counting the change in my ashtray (talk about sad)! He claimed to have an excellent time, even if he did feel the need for another vacation to recuperate from his trip to Ohio to visit his dad & stepmother. He told me I’d have to read all about it in his blog which would be forthcoming. Still no word as of Thursday. Yeah, B, that's a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment