Santa stop here

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Thursday 10/28/10

For the past few days, Lionel Richie and the Commodores'song Jesus is Love has been on my mind. I thnk it takes me back to my junior high days and a much more innocent time. In spite of all of the heartache my family has experienced, there's always something for which to be thankful.  So, once again, I'm joining Mama Hen for Thanksgiving Thursday. This week my list includes...
Thanksgiving for cool wind in my face as I ride my bicycle downhill.  Don't 'cha just love that feeling?! It almost makes the uphill climb worth it...almost!
I am thankful for dedicated friends who never cease to amaze me with their support...in good times and in bad.
I am thankful for books on tape/CD from the library that allow me to "read" so many of the latest novels for free while I'm doing other stuff like laundry and dishes. (Well, almost free until you check out so many that you forget when to turn them in, and the due date slips past, and then you have to pay a fine.)
I am thankful for stolen moments with my Hubs who works ridiculously long hours.  Usually the kids and their myriad activities come first.  Recently, we have made it a point to spend a little time together on Mike's days off, and I admit it has been nice.  At first I wanted to whip out my list of "Honey do's" but soon realized he needed the down time after all of the long hours he works; so I've had to learn to relax a little, too.
Finally, I am thankful for the life of our niece, Kizzy Richardson, and for all of the songs and scriptures that remind us that everything litttle thing is gonna be all right.
Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my blog, left a comment, said a prayer or just wished us all well over these past couple of weeks.  I am encouraged by your warmth and generosity.  I love you and appreciate your thoughtfulness.  Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. This is a great list Eastlyn! I love riding downhill on bicycles too! Oh, and I love going to the library. I'm thankful that Lil' Lewie has helped me get a renewed interest in our local town library--I would have missed out on all the great new programs they have. Please take care Eastlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are always such a blessing to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful thanksgiving post Eastlyn.. i hope your sister-in-law's family and y'all are comforted...

    Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the most heartfelt Thanksgiving Lists. Downtown with the Hubs is so important, and I've found that appreciating them with words and simple gestures goes a long way for the hard working man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! You are so right about the wind in your face, I absolutely love that part too! It makes me feel like a little kid again! Do go and check out Dave Ramsey's Total money makeover! It is an awesome book and will hopefully change you and your families life for the better! We have just started on the journey and we are already making strides financially and emotionally as a couple. I hope you have a wonderful day today! I am glad you and the hubby are getting some good quality time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting on my post, "Trick-or-Treating-When is your child ready?" I am sure that my daughter will be ready to go next year!

    Have a great night!
    Crystal
    kennedymomandwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your list is great! It's nice you got to spend some time relaxing with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete