Santa stop here

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update on the kitchen...

Hello, blog buds-just wanted to update you all on the progress in my kitchen...I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I haven't had the time to post new ones yet.  I'll suffice it to say I am pleased with the progress, and I will post pics a little later.  I'm nowhere near where I hope to be soon, but there is improvement.  Adrienne of Stories from the Shoebox left a comment last week suggesting that I pay the FlyLady a visit, and friends it was love at first sight.  She teaches you how to quit living in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome)!  I am on day 3 of her 31-day challenge.  As you have probably surmised, my house will not by any stretch of the imagination be completely clean or clutter free by that time, but at least I will be establishing some ongoing routines and habits to help me through the process!  I am so excited.  Click <here> or on  her name to learn more about FlyLady.
Also, if you want to see the extent of my daily horror (beyond the kitchen), visit Domestic Godlessness where I was honored humilitated to receive 4 out of 5 hearts rating for my mess!  (I'm not bragging, really.  I just feel like the more people who see my mess, the more people I'll have to hold me accountable for getting my act together!)  My plan is to incorporate FlyLady's tips into a daily routine and post updates as "stuff" is dealt with (ooohhh! that sounded kind of ganster/mob-like, didn't it *tee-hee*).  Well, that's all for now.  I will try to get some "improvement pics" posted this evening.  Until then...

7 comments:

  1. Eastlyn, I am so so thrilled you've decided to take on your clutter. I cannot imagine how you'll feel once it's all done. Kuddos for showing those pictures and for taking on the project. I just had my carpets cleaned today and feel like dancing around - I love it when my house is squeaky clean. So excited to see some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired to get to my clutter also Eastlyn! Little Chick has been so sick, so she is not in school and I have not gotten to some of the things I would like to. But I will get to the clutter as soon as I can! Good for you! I have a great giveaway. Come and check it out my friend! Have a good day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to get rid of clutter! Congrats on working at it. Now stick with it:-) Can't wait to see pictures of the after pictures of the kitchen. And oh yeah...thanks for pointing out that typo! I missed right by it! Oi Vey!! Have a good one! Until next time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it sis!!!... hopelly before january so you can relax a little before starting work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I need to take on that challenge too! I could use a few lessons LOL. I am sorry I have missed so many of your posts! I am back from vacation and just starting to get us back on our normal routine! BTW, Happy belated Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day! Oh, and I love the comic strip, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the pictures! Hang in there! It sounds like you are accomplishing a lot!!
    Big Fat Mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to check out fly lady...
    I'm just such a scatter=brained house cleaner... I just clean it all, all the time!! :)

    ReplyDelete