Santa stop here

Saturday, July 20, 2013

happy birthday alisa

I can't believe my "baby" is 15 years old! Wasn't it just two weeks ago or so that she was two tiny handfuls all snuggled in my arms close to my heart with a nursery closet full of pink frilly stuff? *sniffle, sniffle* Alas, that was then and this is now. She won't snuggle in my arms, but she remains close to my heart...always.
Today, she's a beautiful young woman headed to her sophomore year in high school, learning to drive, excelling at everything she attempts...academics, dance, percussion She is creative and "artsy" and has an eclectic eye for fashion and design. She loves her iPad and spends hours playing candy crush and other games as well as scrolling through board after board on pinterest and pinning stuff. She loves babies and small furry creatures and non mainstream music. She's also used her iPad to make some fantastic videos of her youngest cousin Maycie. Very talented that daughter of mine is! I love her. 
I thought I would try to think of something really profound to say about raising daughters or kids growing up but it's all cliche so I'll just stick with how very much I love my girl forever and for always. That never gets old!
Here are a couple of pics from our dinner with my daughter's godparents and their family that was visiting from Louisiana plus some local friends...
 My first attempt to work with fondant icing...talk about a sticky situation!
 Alisa and her purple ombre layer cake
 Back row: Nicole, Lauren Aaron; middle row: Alisa, Victoria, Cierra, Sheridan, Ciel
Front: Sydney
 Happy Birthday to you,  Alisa!!
 Yum! layers of purple goodness...

3 comments:

  1. The cake looks beautiful and YUMMY. Happy Birthday Alisa, she is a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Alisa!! What a beautiful young lady! It sounds like you have much to be proud of and much to celebrate. Those three little words (I love you), I agree, are still the most profound. P.S. I love your cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the cake! You have a beautiful family! Happy Birthday Alisa!

    ReplyDelete