Santa stop here

Friday, July 12, 2013

Five Question Friday-12 July 2013

Welcome back to Five Question Friday! I'm excited that Mama M is back and 5QF is back in business this week. For details on how to participate and a "clean" copy of the questions to paste on your own blog, hop over to Mama M's blog My Little Life. Now, here I go...

1. Would you rather pay for house cleaner or spa day?
I'll take both, please! The house cleaner can come while I'm away at my spa day LOL! If I had to choose one, I'd say the house cleaner...definitely more of a necessity around here. In fact, I'd probably have to bribe the house cleaner with a day at the spa for after she finishes cleaning my house. 

2. Who plans what gifts you get for holidays, you or your spouse?
This is a source of contention in my household (or maybe it's just me)...the hubs and I discuss what to get for whom. I sketch out a budget (very loose use of the term, mind you) and then I usually do most of the shopping, exhausting the budget. Then, the hubs swoops in on Christmas Day with really expensive gifts for the kids (expensive like flat screen televisions for their individual rooms ::angry eyebrows:: does anyone else think that gift is wrong on so many levels?) that were NOT on the list and NOT included in the budget. So, I guess the answer to the question is I plan, he adds to it.


3. How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you need more?
Well obviously not enough given my temper flaring from the previous question! Just kidding. I work nights and my schedule is inconsistent so I sleep whenever i can for however long I can...the more hours the merrier! On any given night that I'm not working I usually get about 6 hours of sleep. When I sleep during the day in anticipation of a work night, I get anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. On my days off, I sleep away half of the day and then get back on my night sleep schedule without difficulty.


4. Do you like your hair long or short?
Short = Easy and I love easy, so I'd have to go with short. However, I'm currently in the process of growing out my hair au naturale so it's getting long (or should I say "big"). Styling "in between, natural" hair is a double edge sword. There are more options: afro, twists, braids, flat iron straightening, etc. but it's a lot more work that wash and go short hair where the only "styling" option is which headband or hair clips to wear.


5. When was the last time you were pulled over and what was it for?

The last time I was pulled over was several years ago. I was still working at Parent's Day Out and "Officer Jack" had visited the school to talk about community helpers with the preschoolers. Then a couple of weeks later Officer Jack pulled me over for expired tags. Oops! I had the new tag in my glove box. I was just waiting for to get my vehicle inspected so I could change out both stickers at the same time. Officer Jack reached in my driver's side window, peeled off the old sticker in one fluid motion and stuck the new one on...problem solved, no ticket necessary!

Well, that's it for now. My mom, daughter, niece and I are heading to a play this evening, so I need to get a head start on dinner preparations and all of the "what to wear" business as well. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! Now, THAT'S service! Tabs on and no ticket? What a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHA your hubs does taht too? I think they feel guilty for not being a part of it all and realize, "I know better."

    Jerks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Officer Jack just stuck it the sticker on fo*r you! Now that's a good cop.

    My husband won't go overboard that bad but he does tend to say this is our budget we are sticking to it, then come time he gives and goes over.

    AS far as flat screen tv's in the room, oh but no. Gah, I hate tv's in a room period

    ReplyDelete