Santa stop here

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Five Question Friday

Believe it or not, it's Friday again already!  That means it's time to link up with Mama M at "My Little Life" or at least click on the button to the right for more information (and to copy and paste the questionss to your blog).  Let's go...: 
1. How many pets do you have?

One rotten dog names Missy (short for Mischievous), two fish

2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
Wow, this is a tough one, but Oprah Winfrey was the first person who came to mind, so I'll stick with her.  It'd be nice to experience a day in her life: getting to meet famous people (or make not-so-famous people famous) and give away lots of stuff that makes people happy and go home to a beautiful home complete with dogs and a personal chef, weight trainer, etc. 

3. What is your favorite money saving tip?
Tip #1 Use your noodle!  Does it really "save" money if you drive 10 miles out of your way to get gas for 3 cents cheaper per gallon than the five stations you passed on the way?  My tank holds about 15 gallons of gas which would mean about 45 cents savings when I've probably burned up an extra gallon of gas going out of my way and back home.  Tip #2 If you can't afford it, don't buy it.  That's a difficult one for many people, but it's pretty easy for me since I don't like shopping anyway.  My husband sometimes loses his mind gets carried away and wants to take the kids on some spur of the moment trip and then come home and work exrra hours to make up the expenses.  Do you see anything wrong with this picture?  I sure do.  Why not let's work that overtime first and set the money aside and then take the kids somewhere?  Not quite as fun and spontaneous, but I'd hate to have to grit my teeth and glare at him the entire time we're "having fun" spending money earmarked for the housenote or electric bill!  We haven't been anywhere yet because we depend on any overtime going toward living expenses for the time being.
4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?
Oh, this is a great question, but I really don't know.  My daughter is very quiet, artistic and introverted.  I could totally see her as a writer and mom.  She just turned twelve and she has already named my three grandchildren-to-be (that's kind of scary, huh?).  When my son was about four years old, a vacuum salesman stopped by to "clean our carpet for free" as a way to peddle his wares.  He asked my son what he wanted to be when he grew up, and my son's reply shocked me...He said he wanted to be a priest!  That was fine by me; we need more good and decent priests.  To this day, my son remembers saying that, but he no longer wants to be a priest.  His passion is with cars.  He wants to get an MBA and own/operate an automotive shop.  I guess I can see him doing that IF he decides not to pursue the priesthood.

5. What is your favorite quote?
"I am only one, but still I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do."  I often use this when I'm talking to parishioners about joining a ministry at my church.  It sums up the philosophy of ants: teamwork makes everyone's job a little easier.  A lot of people doing a little beats a few people doing a lot, in my humble opinion. 

Well, that was fun, and now I'm done!  Have a great weekend...until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Great 5QF! Love the quote! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote. How true. I think I wouldn't mind walking a day in Oprah's shoes either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eastlyn that is a great quote! I love Oprah also! She is very inspiring! I hope I can stop the ice cream at night too. Ha! Have a great night my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eastlyn you always have the sweetest comments my friend! I would love to ask you to be my inspirational blogger on Monday. I would need you to do a post for Sunday night at 10:00 New York time. I would also need a picture of you and a paragraph about you and your blog. Let me know if you can do it! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday! I made a mistake Eastlyn, I would need you to post Tuesday night! I am so tired! Ugh! Let me know if you would like to do it. Have a great day my friend! Have a fun!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete