My friend, Annette, over at Spirit Mommy posts a Top Ten Tuesday theme each week. I thought it was a cute idea, so I decided to join her this week. If blog and addiction go hand in hand for you, then you'll love her post. Mine is nowhere near as entertaining, but her goes...
10. You beat the heat. Even in Texas walking is bearable early in the morning when you can still catch a “cool” (I use that term very loosely) breeze as you walk
9. My mom bought me a pair of the Sketchers Shape-Ups for graduation, and I certainly don’t want them sitting around collecting dust
8. Walking offers a 30-60 minute reprieve from dishes, laundry, hungry children, etc.
7. Weight-bearing exercise: important for bone health especially for those of us over 40
6. Gives me something to say other than, “Does running behind the kids and chasing the dog count?” when the doc asks about my exercise regimen at my annual exam.
5. It’s an opportunity to explore my neighborhood and really look at some of the houses I’m accustomed to whizzing past in my trusty mom-mobile as I shuttle kids from one place to another.
4. I can easily consume 32 of the 64 ounces of water I’m supposed to drink each day during the walk
3. I can catch the rainbows from my neighbors’ sprinklers which have to be turned off by 10 a.m. (city-wide ban: watering prohibited between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.)
2. I can sing loudly and freely without bothering anybody…well, maybe except for those dogs that try to join the fun with their barking (I said barking not howling…I’m not that bad!)
1. It’s my quiet time with God: “And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own!”
That was fun, folks, now I'm done. Until next time...