Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? Actually, it is one of these "get to know you better" question-filled posts from Sunday Stealing blog. Thought I'd give it a try even though I have no idea what a "meme" is:
1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?
Yes and no. Yes, because 5 months ago I was finishing up nursing school, and life was hectic as I prepared for graduation and tried to fulfill my family's needs as well. No, because now I have no focus and am having a difficult time finding a job.
2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn't have? Sure, sure.
3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
I desire to sleep in total darkness. Hubby likes having the TV on or music. I prefer dark and quiet and sometimes have to accomplish this with one of the those satin masks and ear plugs.
4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
She's not available; may I take a message? Anyone I fell for that hard and didn't marry I wouldn't care to hear from ever again!
5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
I live in Texas. It's still hot, hot, hot!
6. How many people do you trust with everything?
None. Not even Hubby. Not even my girlfriends. Not even my mother.
7. What was the last thing you drank?
Water with a slice of lemon. Boring, I know, but water is usually going to be the answer to that one.
8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
Yes, those people from Clean Sweep. My house could use a de-clutter makeover!
9. Name one thing you love about winter?
10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
No. (Not 100% sure what a Goth is)
11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Tomorrow is my kids' first day at new schools. I'm looking forward to it even if they are not.
12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
Way too much to do to get the kids ready for school and get my house in order to relax and enjoy my Sunday.
13. What's the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
14 years 8 months 3 days ago I married my Hubby. That's by far the longest commitment to one person I can claim.
14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
Peeped my clock to make sure I wasn't oversleeping.
15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
My daughter in a roundabout way.
16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
Yes, God. I feel like He gets the short end of the stick in our relationship. He's always there for me, but I'm not always there for Him. I know I let him down sometimes.
17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
Yep! I went to my friend's graduation party tonight and haven't changed out of my dress and heels.
18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
Lord knows I hope things will change. I will have a job. Unpaid bills won't be stacked to the ceiling on my dining room table. My kids will be back in the routine of going to bed and getting up at reasonable hours. My dining room table will be free of clutter so we can sit down as a family and actually be able to see one another. Oh yes I think and hope things will change in the next three months!
19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
Definitely. Once upon a time ago when I lived in Honduras as a Peace Corps Volunteer, a main pipe in my community broke and we didn't have running water for several days. I had to walk to the river to collect water and boil it to drink and cook with, etc. It seemed like everything I decided to do required water: washing laundry, washing dishes, cooking, bathing, washing my hands, etc. I really missed it and appreciated it all the more once that pipe was repaired.
20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
Yes. Unfortunately, any of my friends of the opposite sex also happen to be friends of my Hubby; so I couldn't talk freely about everything.