I left him outdoors doing his thing and went inside to wash up dishes from the night before and reconcile the checkbook to make sure we were all set to pay the mortgage. I left about 30 minutes before Aaron would be ready for pick up so that I could run by and pay the house note. That was the extent of my errands for the most part. I never took a nap today and didn't really miss it. I'm thinking my blogs are going way too long to hold peoples' interest so I will bullet the highlights of my day:
- Paid house note, stopped by Sara Lee Bread Store in search of granola cereal the kids like; they were out so I bought everything bagels instead
- Picked up Aaron, fixed breakfast: strawberry-blueberry-banana smoothie (turned out great; I think frozen fruit makes all the difference), coffee cake or bagel with cream cheese & bacon
- Chatted with Mike for a while (this is the main reason I cannot get stuff done while he is on vacation...talk about Chatty Patty!)
- Got the kids to help shred old check stubs that were on my office floor (small step for Eastlyn; giant step for White household)
- Fixed nachos for lunch
- Delivered Xavier to PaPa & Tia's house where his dad was picking up Leyla.
- Stopped by Red Box at Walgreens on the way home to rent movie
- Caught up with sis-in-law on telephone (as if a good portion of our day isn't spent e-mailing one another!)
- Swam with the kids (even Mike got in the water!)
- Taquitos, beans & rice, pico de gallo (made with home-grown tomato & onion) with chips for dinner
- Tamed Alisa's wild tresses
- Movie night: Hotel for Dogs (nice family flick-makes you want to run to the nearest pound or animal shelter and adopt a stray)
- Discovered a new flavor of Blue Bell: Southern Blackberry Cobbler: 2 thumbs up!
Nothing earth-shattering...just a nice day spent with my family. Good night all. Until tomorrow.